read the printed word!

November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Let the Madness commence



Hey guys, sorry for being MIA! Schoolwork is killer, and home life is asgajksfhsfkjgvg. Not so hot, but I have been reading so our regularly scheduled posting shall commence TOMORROW.
YAY!
but that's not what this post is for. Oh no, today is all about NaNoWriMo and how November madness will commence worldwide for everyone (except for you internationals, you guys got an extra day ahead of us).
The skinny: NaNoWriMo is basically writing out that novel that's been percolating in your brain for like ever, with a word count of at least 2k words a day. Now for me, this is my second year, and guys, I always GET excited. Always. It's kind of ridiculous.
"How do I enter?" - Well, you go to this here website (nanowrimo.org) , and make a username/password/fill out your novel info and then start to write by the seat of your pants. Wanna be writing buddies? Here's my info: jlabrada.
(stupid links won't work)

"But what if I don't have time or have too many things?" No. Absolutely not. Impossible! There is no such thing as 'I have too much to do' in NaNoWriMo. Thing is, during this month, you have to just let go of any writing fears and just write. That's all. There is no secret potion or society you get inducted to become a writer. It's just letting go of what people say you can't and can do and writing because you want.
"Should I tell someone I'm writing a novel?" Yes. Hell Yes. Tell your mom. Tell your dad. Tell your sister via a telegram sent by an owl with a blimp trailing behind it. Tell your friends. Tell your friend's boyfriend. Hell, tell your friend's boyfriend's grandma's parrot. Just tell people so in case you ever slack off writing any day, they can get you back on track.

And that's basically the gist of November madness. Be prepared to stock up on mac & cheese, coffee, lack of sanity (and for some, lack of hygiene). No one wants to be sane, it's always fun with those with insanity.
Hark! My steampunk idea calls to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on today's post?