read the printed word!

September 27, 2011

Confessions of a (Teenage) Geek: Geek Tuesdays


  • Oh hi there blog readers. This week's Geek Tuesday is focusing on video games and my obsession with them (and, for a larger part, button mashing)
  • Video games like Final Fantasy, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Batman: Arkham Asylum and such have been a huge part of my life. And to that I blame my older brother, who shall be referred to as "Lord Vader". No seriously, I call him that.
  • I think what I find fascinating about these games is sort of the quest aspect to them. Final Fantasy you're trying to save the planet from destruction, Tekken is you fight your way to the top (as a respective character, with an ulterior motive for entering the Tekken competition), and for Batman, you're fighting your way out of Arkham Asylum.
  • How cool is that?!
  • And the ultimate epitome of a quest game (well, in my opinion!) is Kingdom Hearts (now, that's an obsession)
  • I also have a bit of an obsession with button mashing because I suck absolutely at playing the game and so I just wing it.
  • Way to teach me, Lord Vader.
  • Anyways, I think thats my absolutely most FUN thing I do when I'm absolutely annoyed at someone. It's usually a family member....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on today's post?