read the printed word!

August 7, 2010

Hex Hall

So when i picked up Hex Hall from the library like, a week ago, I had no idea what I was gonna read because I always check Amazon for any new books to read and I remembered I saw Hex Hall getting good praise so I said "What the heck!" and checked it out. So the plot is good: A teenage girl (Sophie) figures out she's a witch, but she gets caught and almost exposes her secret so it's of to Hecate Hall (know to Hex Hall for the kids there) and training. The dialogue,hmmm... where to start, Sophie, is smarter than half the teenagers out here in the real world but I'm sensing a kind-of "Screw the world" attitude for her. And the romance, oh god, it's like.... ehh. Sophie falls in love with a warlock whose ummm... not what he says he is. Oh and did I mention the secret organization that's hell-bent on destroying all magical beings? They're The Eye and extremely scary group that's been around forever. Good book? I let you decide for yourself when you check it out or buy it from Amazon. And if you like it, you can get Demonglass that'll come in 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on today's post?