So this meme was stolen off from Rachel from Fortune Favors the Brave (AKA the person I probably love the most in the Twitter/Universe. So in an attempt to make up for bad posting this week, here's the Be Inspired meme, which I'll happen to do for the two stories I've written/am writing (and if you happen to do this, link to the comments will ya? :D) Onwards!
1. What is the name of your book?
Well, the finished one is tentatively titled "Chosen" while the in-progress one was nicknamed "The Vertigo Squad".
2. Where did the idea for your book come from?
Chosen was the product of many Google/Wikipedia searches on Norse mythology, and just watching Lord of the Rings, Beowulf, Game of Thrones and then watching Thor. Basically after reading my first *real* fantasy books (i.e it's got dragons mentioned more than once and it isn't a background, it IS the plot) like Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Eyes Like Stars, and the Game of Thrones (I've only gotten to the first one). Vertigo Squad was a recent one, where I went on a superhero-movie and comic binge read/watch and instead of the clear cut hero and villain that we get in fantasy, I wanted vigilantes that the people hated/loved/revered.
3. In what genre would you classify your book?
Uh, epic fantasy and urban fantasy? I like fantasy a lot, sue me!
4. If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition, who would you choose?
I don't even know. WAIT, I wanted Troian Bellisario in everything. And Cambria Edwards to direct. That is all.
5. Give us a one-sentence synopsis of your book.
Chosen: It's a roller-coaster ride of fantasy thrown in, combined with an ensemble of rather interesting characters supposed to be helping the main girl fulfill her destiny.
Vertigo Squad: I don't even know,
6. Is your book already published?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, THAT'S A GOOD ONE GUYS!
7. How long did it take you to write your book?
Chosen took around two years, while Vertigo is looking to take up six months...
8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to? Or, readers of which books would enjoy yours?
I don't even know! I'd say Game of Thrones, sans the incestuous relationships or molestation of 13 y.o queens.
And for Vertigo, fans of comic books and superhero movies.
9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
Bill Finger/Bob Kane for Vertigo, but I definitely got the push when I saw
10. Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book
Vertigo Squad: Teenage Superheroes.
Chosen: The last Valkyrie fated to save the world.
11. Tag five people!
Followers, it's up to you!!!