read the printed word!

December 17, 2011

Cover Love

On the iPod: Color on the Walls (Don't Stop) - Foster the People


Basically, today I was too lazy to do any reviewing and decided to just comment on YA book covers of some phenomenal series. There's sorta been the norm that most covers show the main heroine and something to represent the story and those are cool. They sorta go like this:





And here you're think "Ohh, that looks nice, I should read that'". It could just be me though...


But then, there are these brand new, sexed up covers (I mean this in a "holy crap, it's book-love at first sight" type of way) that seem to make you lust after them (why yes, I did use "sexed-up" and "lust" in the same sentence. For all the book reasons.)

 (the old covers)


AND THEN THE BRAND NEW COVERS OF the SHADE SERIES. (yeah, I know they've been out for a month now)




Then, Lauren DeStefano's upcoming Fever from the Chemical Garden Trilogy that's majestic.








.....and then there's the ridiculously awesome covers that Jennifer Lynn Barnes and Ally Carter are seemingly blessed with:
                  



AND THEN WE HAVE THE PLAIN "HOT-DAMN I MUST READ THIS BOOK NOW" COVER LUST:
                           



so yeah, this is what I did today. Enjoy :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on today's post?