read the printed word!

July 16, 2011

OHMYGOD I SUCK AT BLOGGING, ALSO I REVIEWED, SO I DON'T TOTALLY SUCK.



On the iPod: Electric Twist -A Fine Frenzy

I. am. SO. sorry for the erratic posting. One week I am, another I'm not and ahh!!! But don't worry because I read books! which are part of a series so this next four days, they shall be filled with reviews and such! YAY!!!! Also, I've been finding books to giveaway as prizes for the YA Sisterhood's Summer Crush Tournament advocates and such. I also WATCHED HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2. I cried. And laughed. And rejoiced. And then I stared at my computer for several days with glassy eyes as I realized there will be no more Harry Potter movies and then I lost it. But then I got out of it. :)

Cammie Morgan is your ordinary girl. She goes to school and takes classes but the similarities end there. Cammie "The Chameleon" goes to the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women. Instead of all those regular classes a boarding school has, they have Covert Operations (Cove-Ops), Ancient Languages, Countries of the World (CoW), Culture and Assimilation, and Protection and Enforcement (P&E). Of course, what makes things even better is that the new Cove Ops teacher is real eye candy which is great to the all female student body. And then things start to get hectic, as the daughter of a Senator and cosmetic heiress, Macey McHenry, is sent to the Gallagher Academy. Madness ensues as well as one cute clueless boy sets his sights on the Chameleon, Cammie. Yep, everything was so much easier before boys were involved.
I adored LYKY because of Ally Carter's fresh take on the teenage boarding school and put in spies, clandestine covert missions and shoes and clothes. They were so smashing when I first read them (which was like in 4th grade) and they've been a part of me too. Kinda like Harry Potter. The next books in the series don't disappoint either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on today's post?