read the printed word!

June 5, 2011

ROAD TRIP: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

On the iTunes: Say it Right/All Good Things Come to An End ---- Nelly Furtado









Title: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour
Hiya,blogoverse. I apologize for my erratic blogging. So I just read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson and it was FABULOUS! I'm gonna cut to the chase here and say Detour is definetely gonna be a book that's close to my heart. I loved the interaction between Amy and Roger(*valley girl voice* like he's totally amazing and the dreamiest guy ever!)because Amy's curently living like a shell since her father died in a car crash(she was driving) so she's constantly blaming herself and her family is currently whacked(her mom's in Connecticut and her brother's in rehab). So dear old Mom sends for Roger, family friend, also has to get to the East Coast. Along the way, Amy and Roger open up to each and reveal their baggage that's dragging them down as well as their friendship veering into uncharted territory. The book is also told in the form of those cheesy scrapbook pages that parents get you to keep you entertained as well as the music playlists in chapters that give you a look into the iPods of Amy and Roger. I loved Epic Detour because it's simple: *I think* it indirectly teaches you to live in the now and leave your regrets behind. If you like Sarah Dessen, you'll like Epic Detour too!

My review: 10 STARS!! Go Read It!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on today's post?