read the printed word!

April 4, 2011

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer



Well, keeping it to a book a post is going well. So far. Just wait, I'm gonna break it and put a hundred books in a post. Anyways, the book i just recently read was Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
(actually recently is a bit of a stretch, I read it in the middle of March and finished it in 2 days.


2 days.


Goodreads says: Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


It's a bulky book, but by god, I wasn't going to put it down until I found out what would happen to Calla, her pack (the Nightshade pack), Ren, his pack (the Bane pack) and Shay. Calla is a guardian, a human who can turn into a wolf by will, guards the sacred sites of the Keepers and will soon be the mate of Ren Laroche. One day, Calla disobeys the Keepers law and saves human boy Shay from certain death. From then on, Calla's (somewhat) sheltered life is thrown on its side as Calla tries to figure out why the Keepers are so interested in Shay and why she's willing to risk it all for this human. Nightshade ends in a cliffhanger, leaving you waiting anxiously for Wolfsbane to come.

I absofreakinglutely LOVED Nightshade and I must have Wolfsbane. I might go crazy if I don't know what's going to happen next. Nightshade has a love triangle going on in it and I totally hate the love triangle deal unless you do it right. You manage that and I'm hooked for life. You're wondering throughout the whole book; Calla & Shay OR Calla & Ren? because yanno, she's got great moments and chemistry between both. But in all honesty, I am SO TEAM REN. REN FTW!!!!

Okay, outburst done. Go pick up Nightshade now, paperback or hardcover. I don't care, I just want you to read it and LOVE IT. LOVE IT, I Say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on today's post?