read the printed word!

April 7, 2011

Books Made of Awesomesauce and other stuff....

Hey Blogger readers, I'm Back! No silly I wasn't gone... anyways I just re-read Hex Hall AND Demonglass for like the thirtieth time since it came out. I haven't read a book since Last Sacrifice that's made me gasp, cry, laugh and want to chuck the book at the wall which wasn't since... January. But that all I changed when I got my paws on Demonglass and read it in an hour. That's right folks, an HOUR. I think I beat my other record which was finishing a book in an hour and A HALF.


SPOILER ALERT; for those who haven't read the Hex Hall series, go. Read it now.
Demonglass picked up where Hex Hall ended, as Archer was revealed to be a member of L'Occhio di Dio and Sophie goes to London to go through with the Removal, which strips you of your powers but kills you... as well as going to the Council with her father. Jenna and Cal also go with her as well as a couple new characters (coughcoughNick&Daisy).. I LOVED LOVED LOVED <3 DEMONGLASS. It had everything Hex Hall was made of plus more... like ______ and make out session and one HELL of a cliffhanger. Oh man, well played Rachel Hawkins. Well played.




Also I was lurking around Myra Mcentire's Blog and I got a glimpse of Hourglass her book coming out this summer. I need that book because it's full of awesome. Here's the summary I got off Amazon: "One hour to rewrite the past . . .

For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn't there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents' death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She's tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson's willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.
Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he's around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?
Full of atmosphere, mystery, and romance, Hourglass merges the very best of the paranormal and science-fiction genres in a seductive, remarkable young adult debut."

Doesn't that scream HOLY COW THIS BOOK IS THE SHIZ?!
Lastly, Doctor Who is coming back April 23rd.

APRIl TWENTY FREAKING THIRD. I CANNOT WAIT THAT LONG FOR MATT SMITH MAN. I CAN'T!
oh well, i'll go hide in a corner now and rewatch Doctor Who episodes while you admire this poster for it.

1 comment:

Any thoughts on today's post?