- Oh hi there blog readers. This week's Geek Tuesday is focusing on video games and my obsession with them (and, for a larger part, button mashing)
- Video games like Final Fantasy, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Batman: Arkham Asylum and such have been a huge part of my life. And to that I blame my older brother, who shall be referred to as "Lord Vader". No seriously, I call him that.
- I think what I find fascinating about these games is sort of the quest aspect to them. Final Fantasy you're trying to save the planet from destruction, Tekken is you fight your way to the top (as a respective character, with an ulterior motive for entering the Tekken competition), and for Batman, you're fighting your way out of Arkham Asylum.
- How cool is that?!
- And the ultimate epitome of a quest game (well, in my opinion!) is Kingdom Hearts (now, that's an obsession)
- I also have a bit of an obsession with button mashing because I suck absolutely at playing the game and so I just wing it.
- Way to teach me, Lord Vader.
- Anyways, I think thats my absolutely most FUN thing I do when I'm absolutely annoyed at someone. It's usually a family member....
September 27, 2011
September 20, 2011
- Yay, Geek Tuesday is at its 4th post. Boo Yah!
- So, this time, my geekiness will be based on musical movies. Like see the above picture.
- I guess it all started with that One Buffy episode, but whatever. I like them.
- I especially adored the Phantom, Moulin Rouge, Rent and other stuff like that
- Dr.Horrible's Sing Along Blog is also one of my favorites. And Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- It's kind of this unnatural obsession because everytime I hear soundtracks from any of them, I feel like belting it along.
- And I suck horribly at singing but that's never stopped me!
- Dr.Horrible and Phantom make me cry though. It's probably because Penny died and Christine left the Phantom for that jerk!
- Moulin Rouge, however, takes the cake and I bawl.
- Huh. So what are your favorite musical movie type things.
September 18, 2011
When the darkest outcasts of Faerie—the vicious wood elves—abduct Navin, Donna finally has to accept her role in the centuries old war between the humans and the fey. Assisted by Xan, a gorgeous half-fey dropout with secrets of his own, Donna races to save her friend—even if it means betraying everything her parents and the alchemist community fought to the death to protect.
September 17, 2011
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.
September 16, 2011
On the iPod: I Miss You - Blink 182
September 14, 2011
September 13, 2011
Hiya everyone, I just saw the calender and saw that summer is dwindling. WTF?! It's August and I realized "Summer goes by fast" except when you're reading because then you're either in Spring, Winter, Paris, or the Underworld (and come on you guys, who doesn't want to be in the Underworld in the Spring) *crickets*
- I think I'll do a list for today's blog post.
- So continuing off from the past weeks, Geek Posts I think I should mention again: I'm a HUGE Whedon fan. It's actually ridiculous and that I came up with a song for author Beth Revis. I'll link it soon.
- I might also add, I'm a HUGE SMG (sarah michelle gellar) fan, that I am SO EXCITED FOR RINGER. and that new Buffy movie in talks. I IZ EXCITED!
- Believe it or not, I found a new obsession called Lost Girl (for like 18-25 but yanno, age doesn't stop me)
- It's. SO. GOOD. it messes with my psyche every freaking week.
- I keep going back to Etsy to stare longingly towards all the steampunk stuff. *longing stare*
- DOCTOR WHO KEEPS GETTING SO AMAZING I MIGHT DIE.
- The Iron Fey series mocks me ,but I GET 3 DAYS OFF SO HAH!
- I should probably continue my homework during my free track but I'm blogging, so HAH.